Transportation Options Program for Seniors (TOPS)
The TOPS program is designed to provide medical transportation for seniors age 60+ in the Senior Services North Fulton service area: Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Milton, Mountain Park, Roswell and Sandy Springs. Trips can be arranged for appointments with doctors, dentists, eye doctors, for treatments ordered by your doctor—or to get a flu shot.
- Transportation provided by: Caliber Care + Transport Atlanta, CaraVita Home Care, and Senior Helpers of Alpharetta, each under contract to Senior Services North Fulton.
- Who is eligible: Seniors age 60+ in the Senior Services North Fulton service area: Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Milton, Mountain Park, Roswell, and Sandy Springs. For those with significant vision or other physical limitations, the service can include a 1-on-1 service feature, whereby the senior is not only transported to the appointment, but has someone stay with them to assist with note taking and paperwork as needed. The 1-on-1 service is currently not available for seniors who need an electric wheelchair lift.
- Destinations: Medical appointments and other healthcare appointments.
- Cost: No cost, but a voluntary contribution of $10.00 one way or $20.00 per round trip, to help fund the program, is invited – but ability to contribute is not a requirement to receive this service.
- Frequency: Contact the Program Manager.
- Lead Time: Up to one month in advance, but no less than 72 hours, prior to appointment.
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
For information or service please call the TOPS Program Manager: (770) 993-1906 Ext. 234
Get Around Town Easily (GATE) Program
Seniors and adults with disabilities who are unable to drive need the ability to pick up prescriptions, grocery shop, visit the bank, or simply get a haircut. Our new grant funded GATE (Get Around Town Easily) Transportation Voucher Program allows north Fulton seniors and adults with disabilities to purchase vouchers that can be used for a driver of their choice, or selected drivers in the GATE program.
- Transportation provided by: Driver of your choice (except a spouse) or approved GATE driver. All drivers are interviewed prior to acceptance into the program.
- Who is eligible: North Fulton seniors 60+ and adults with disabilities who are no longer able to drive.
- Destinations: No restrictions.
- Cost: Participant purchases a voucher book containing $100 worth of vouchers. The cost share for this book is $25.
GATE is funded in part through a grant from the Atlanta Regional Commission and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) 5317 New Freedom Funds.
For information please call the GATE Mobility Manager: (770) 993-1906 Ext. 242
Transportation to Senior Centers
Transportation is available for registered Senior Center participants to and from our four Senior Centers in Crabapple, Milton, Roswell, and Sandy Springs. This transportation service picks up seniors at their homes in the morning and returns seniors to their homes after lunchtime.
- Transportation provided by: MV Transportation
- Who is eligible: Senior Center participants, age 60+
- Destinations: To our Senior Centers and back, Monday-Friday.
- Cost: There is no cost, but voluntary donations are accepted at the Senior Centers for programs and activities.
For information and service please contact the Senior Center closest to you.